Monday, January 23, 2017

casey.

if there was a woman
I want to be more like,
it is casey.
how she is so in tune
I do not know,
but she is.
she knows when my 

head aches
and is drowning,
before I lift a hand
to press against my
throbbing temples.
she offers 

pink&white pills,
along with fresh water,
complete with a straw,
just how I like it.
she tucks me in,
fussing over my covers,
closing the blinds,
and kissing my forehead.
she prays for me
each evening
-i think my bad dreams are scared of her
because they don't come back 

after she chides them-
casey is a mother.
she organizes time, fun & rest
perfectly
for some one like me
who wanders aimlessly
she leads and
I am happy to follow.
she is overly aware of
my heart,
my tender soul,
and equally matches
and adapts so that
I am left feeling like
the queen
and she, 

the intimate maid servant.
she isn't as afraid of rejection
as I am,
and the pull to serve 

is stronger to her than
than the fear of
being put off.
she will serve no matter
your response.
we all know
I am undeserving of
this unbelievably
unselfish care,
and yet 

she freely gives it.
i want to be like her.
i want a home that is 

filled with
peace and fresh air,
plants that are pets
and well watered
and so many
remnants of 

many cultures.
they are all welcome.
she is wise and royal
well spoken and
a teacher to many.
I learn at her feet
her eyes have seen
many seas
her lips share riches.
I love her so much
and am so glad 

she is my honored sister and friend.
she is a gift to
all who know her
but I am thankful
Jesus gave her
to me.
you are most lovely,
queen among maidens.
please,
how may I now
serve
you.

No comments: