Friday, June 8, 2012

seek PEACE in all things.

And the seed whose fruit is righteousness
is sown in peace by those who make peace. -James 3:18

May mercy and peace and love be multiplied to you. -Jude 1:2

Now may the Lord of peace Himself
continually grant you peace in every circumstance.
The Lord be with you all! -2 Thessalonians 3:16

Deceit is in the heart of those who devise evil,
But counselors of peace have joy. -Proverbs 12:20

If possible, so far as it depends on you,
be at peace with all men. -Romans 12:18

My prayer. It tightens my heart for quarrel or conflict to break out with those closest to me. I am a lover of peace and resolution. I want to address issues immediately, communicate feelings of concern and hurt, soften my heart to repentance and apologies, and forgive and forget quickly.

I recently made peace with a friend and it never felt so good! To share what was plaguing me, where I felt hurt, and then for her to respond with a soft heart, it brought life and healing to my spirit, and I was reminded again how important peace is to me, and more so, to our Father. He asks us, as far as it depends on us, be AT PEACE!!

So I encourage you. Please don't allow clashes to fester like untreated rashes. They go hand in hand with bitterness, rage, malice, discontent, and so many ukky other sins, get rid of it!! Love those around you! Speak truth IN LOVE and make peace.

It truly becomes the peace that passes all understanding.

No comments: