Saturday, April 6, 2013

gifts seventy one through eighty.

71. late night talks with a close friend. tamm watched our littles last night so Nathan could take me out on a date, and after we came home, Tamm and I sat in the dark and talked till almost 1 in the morning. The sound of quiet whispers, bouts of giggles, an occasional butt squeeze, oh, and tammy dragged my feet and body across the floor so I could be closer to her and I never felt more loved..;)

72. thankful for a husband that still pursues me after all this time of dating and marriage. He still opens doors, makes sure I am closest to the sidewalk and he is the barrier between me and the road, he calls the babysitter, plans wonderful dates, and pays for me. I feel loved and cherished by him, and I am so thankful for his eyes and heart. On our date last night, he took me to Rockwells/Republic, a very chill, yet cozy atmosphere, and he ventured out on a limb and tried one of my favorites, sushi! It wasn't his favorite, but he ate 3 pieces and let me eat the rest.


73. calls from Dad English. He is so excited for us to come, I could hear it in his voice. He is not one to show too much enthusiasm, I have to read between the lines, but I love to hear his gruff voice soften a bit, and he is so good at affirming nathan and I, as a married couple and as parents. It means much to us, coming from a retired parenting/marriage counselor..

74. sunglasses. it means sun is plenty in sight, and who doesn't feel cute in a pair of stylin' shades?

75. mugs. I am delighted by different shaped/colored/textured cups that hold my hot drinks. I also use them for soups and cereals, it just seems more fun.

76. new nail polish. 

78. when I overhear Norah cooing and waking up on the monitor. I get so excited to see her when I hear her calling, "Daaa-deeee! mommmeee!" Nathan is bringing her down to me right now, and I am thankful for that little gift.

79. Ben surprising me with a compliment. "Mom, your hair is looking so beautiful." little charmer he is, but I am thankful he is learning from his dad's example..

80. dangly earings. they make me feel just a little bit classier. and my husband loves it when I wear them. 

No comments: