Thursday, August 6, 2015

make it up as you go

i really enjoy makeup. i love putting it on and how pretty it makes me feel with just a few brush strokes and a strategically placed black line on the edge of my eye lids. i have recently been watching a lot of different beauty gurus on youtube, learning a lot about technique as well as my favorite-highlight and contouring and i have been eager to apply what i am learning. i don't get to do it often, but every once in a while..

i thought i would put some of my looks here that i have come up with-more for myself if i wanted to recreate it later, but if you are seeing this-PLEASE do not think i am full of myself and plastering my mug all over the place because i think i am so cool and some hot fox out to trot. PLEASE NO.  just likecooking, i am eager to learn and perfect and learn from experience. makeup is just a small delightful thing that doesn't hold any real significance or importance, it's just fun. that's all. if you ARE looking at this and you are also interested in makeup, then great! i am jotting down the "recipe" for this look if you ever want to try it out for yourself. 

-i don't know why it underlined that last part. disregard that. i didn't know how to fix it:(


ok. i hope i explained myself and after that, i just have to let it go and let people think what they will. i had fun creating this smokey sultry look, and my husband loved it too-enough that he was the one who took these pics.


let's move onto the look!

starting with eyes:
for the outer crease i took from the Naked Pallet 2 the color blackout. [blend blend blend]

i then went over that with Laura Mercier's caviar stick in the color Cocoa, creating a smokey outer V. 

for the lid i packed on Half Baked from the Naked Pallet 1. 

inner corner i smudged the shadow chopper from the NP2.

I did a simple line with a wing on my eyelids using the NYC liquid eye liner. 

i popped on House of Lashes in Iconic. 

i did line my lower lashes slightly with the NYC liner and smudged it a bit with a bit of darkhorse from the NP1.

onto face:
for under eye i used  glamaflouge heavy duty concealer by Hard Candy and dabbed that concealer to counteract the dark bags under my eyes. 

i then went over that with mattifying powder by Wet N' Wild, the Fergie collection to set it. [highlight]

for contouring i used liquid makeup by LA Colors in the shade cappuccino. [more blending]

for blush i used  Milani's Baked Powder blush in the color Red Vino. 


all brushes used were from the TIGI kit gifted to me by my sister:)





1 comment:

Tammy Joy said...

beautiful. and a teacher. this is lovely jana. :-*