Saturday, April 16, 2016

a prayer

i will keep looking the fool
if it glorifies 
my Lord 
and makes me appear 
smaller.
i will keep heading to 
the lowest ground 
lower still 
because i have 
always found 
Living Water in the 
quickly assumed
dry and barren places.
i will keep being 
soft, 
tender, 
easily broken,
for i know 
He is close to the 
broken in spirit
and His joy is to 
redeem 
and restore,
to pick up 
broken things,
and make them 
like new.
i will take the criticisms, 
the harsh words, 
the condescending 
looks and tones, 
because in the 
end 
those don't matter 
as much 
as the gaze of my Savior's face,
His still small voice 
is what i will tune 
my ears 
to hear.
i will keep striving for 
humility, 
no matter how long it takes, 
even if i do not 
fully achieve 
in this 
lifetime. 
i will look at the life and 
character of 
Christ
and follow after 
Him. 
i want to walk like Jesus, 
talk like Jesus, 
treat others the way 
Jesus treated 
men on earth. 
i want to grow in strength, 
wisdom, 
and honor, 
and gently call others to 
follow me as I 
follow Christ, 
and we will learn together.
i want to die to 
myself, 
so that i may live a life 
hidden in Christ. 
i am less.
i am small. 
i am the lowest. 
Christ be glorified.
Christ be magnified. 
Christ be the most 
evident in 
my tiny, 
joy filled, 
simple 
life. 
All glory to You, 
God.
All glory 
to 
You. 

No comments: