Monday, May 30, 2016

i do not want to seem 
ungrateful.
i know i left good, 
good friends
who loved me and knew me
and pushed me 
out of the nest
knowing this next 
season 
would be what was 
best for me. 
i do not want to 
under appreciate 
that at all. 
those same friends, 
sisters really, 
prayed for me, 
listened to me, 
kept as much 
in touch as they could,
and loved me enough 
to risk that 
i could possibly 
love it here
more 
than any of us
would ever
anticipate.
and here i am, 
dreading the very idea 
of going home
at all-
i am thriving and 
re enacting
similar community 
that we created
there
and  the sisters 
encourage and support
even though i am 
missing 
from them.
so no, 
i don't want to go home.
but there is one remnant 
of home
i do miss 
and that is them.
i owe them 
much.

to my hungry wives sisters, l, c, and j

1 comment:

chelsmichalwrites said...

😰😰😰 makes me all sad and cry