Thursday, August 4, 2016

tracking down love

you are always trailing 
love 
everywhere
especially on the
weekends 
your black camera ready 
to trap it neatly 
in 8 x 11 photographs
it is your life's work 
to share love in 
full bloom 
in all of its 
gorgeous
soft lit glory 
to you love can be 
art, magic 
and picture worthy moments.
to me
love is found 
in more quiet places
where you have to coax it 
out to play 
in the bed beside me
our eyes meeting 
above plates of delicious 
dinners shared,
in a wrestling match 
with your son's 
laughter 
splattering across 
the walls..
i hope in your search for 
tracking down love 
you remember 
it will always be here 
at home 
waiting for 
you   

2 comments:

chelsmichalwrites said...

I can't get enough of this one you must let him read it!!! You are on a role!!! Such good writing today I can't get enough whoops I said that already!!

J.K. English said...

Oh chels!! You say all the encouraging things to me!! Thank you so much!!