Sunday, March 26, 2017

rare sibling love sighting

norah's little fingers
pulled her wild stringy hair 
out from 
the front of her face
attempting to keep her tresses
out of her wet 
macaroni&cheese
[she was failing miserably]
she looked down in frustration, 
fumbling with the 
escaping tresses 
when her big brother says to her
from across the table,
"your hair looks really pretty 
when you do that, norah!"
and of course life stopped for a 
second for both norah and me,
her eyes beaming with 
the secret smiles of a girl 
being given 
such a lovely compliment 
[from her favorite guy in all 
the world 
at the moment]
and my heart bursting at 
this tiny witness of 
tender thoughtfulness 
in my 
7 year old son.
norah shyly shuffled out an 
embarrassed, but very pleased
thank you
and i smiled at my boy, 
praising his 
small act of kindness.
this just needed to be 
recorded down 
in history
because as a mom 
you never 
want to forget 
sweet moments like this..
i don't know how 
i could.  

1 comment:

chelsmichalwrites said...

I love this little story, I can watch it happen. I can't believe someday they will be what we call men. Women.