Friday, June 30, 2017

little gazelle

remember when we sat 
inside 
my van 
the air outside 
crisp and cheerful
the air inside 
a bit stifled 
but we didn't mind.
we putzied around with 
koala bear filters
all while laughing 
and you could have 
 no idea
that moments like these 
are pure gifts to me. 
they are light 
in my currently 
shade drawn world. 
somehow we always circle 
and land on the
sobering walk of sadness
and you never skip past it 
like some do.
you aren't afraid to stand at 
the water's edge with me 
as we stare at our reflections
wondering how we got here. 
we just both know that
we're here. 
and the water is dark and murky,
we fear what's just below the 
surface. 
we are so incredibly thirsty 
we just want a drink of 
cold water. 
i think i know that for me 
you would keep watch 
while i bent low to drink 
and you know 
i would do the same for you. 
we are in this together. 
sure there are 
different things that 
make us sad,
but the common denominator 
is that sorrow and fear 
we know to be very real and 
it is a lonely path.
i just want you to know that 
you are not alone 
my gentle 
little gazelle. 
and i am thankful 
you walk with me too.
we will travel 
together till 
we find the 
Oasis. 

No comments: