Friday, September 8, 2017

longing to meet.

you've been in there
for some time now,
shifting your weight, 
your little limbs,
those tiny fists 
knocking constantly 
on the walls of my 
womb.
you are growing faster 
than i am even taking time 
to comprehend
you will soon be here 
in my arms 
before you or i even 
know it. 
i am glad you are safe and sound 
for now. 
content in the warmth of the 
water,
the cord of life 
attached to me 
your blood flowing just 
fine. 
it is chaos outside.
there are floods rising 
and hurricanes on a 
war path.
our current government 
leaves us with a lot of questions 
and little answers 
and well, 
there is a lot of darkness 
that often seems to 
win sometimes. 
but fear not, my little one. 
the Lord, the Lord, 
He is still good. 
He is the Maker of Heaven and Earth,
and He is the maker of you!
He is on the throne
and He is a powerful, 
thoughtful King.
i will forever bow my knee to Him, 
and i will teach you to do 
the same. 
i want to keep you as safe as i can, 
but i know you are a 
gift given
and ultimately, you belong 
to the One who created you. 
He loves you so much.
He who formed you
He knew your name before 
i knew you existed 
inside me. 
i can not wait to meet you, 
my son.
to touch your cheeks 
and smell your soft baby skin.
i can't wait to hold you, 
to sing to you, 
to teach you of our 
Creator, our Father, 
the God of this world 
and of all living things. 
who knows, 
you might already 
even know Him, 
but that won't stop me 
from telling you about him too.
i love you, 
my boy, 
the fruit of my womb,
my little son. 

No comments: