Thursday, October 11, 2018

Cinnamon Pumpkin Coffee Creamer

Admittedly, i have never ever in my life even tried the Pumpkin Spice latte from Starbucks or anywhere else. i imagine it tastes good if *a certain demographic of women* i see with ugg boots and a Patagonia vest with a white striped shirt underneath heads there the moment the leaves start to change colors..there must be something there, huh? i only joke. i only joke.


i do love pumpkin and i do love creamer, however with my intention of trying harder to cut back on sugar and every fatty thing in sight, i don't get to just head to the creamer aisle and throw every flavor in my cart. believe me, i would love to. 

i have been trying harder to come up with semi healthier options for some of the treats i crave, one of them being coffee creamer. i thought maybe if i tried making one at home, i could control what goes into it, and maybe even find a way to cut out the sugar and additives, but create a still, possibly even better flavor! 

i got the idea from making egg nog creamer a few christmases back, my friend had introduced me to the idea of making it yourself. i loved that creamer, so why not try it here again and see what i can come up with? i chose pumpkin because it reminds me of chai flavors, that delicate nutmeg and allspice, cinnamon and vanilla..warm spices that are subtly sweet and smell of fall. 

this creamer that i blended together is creamy, mildly sweet using stevia, and full of lovely fall smells, even using real pumpkin, i am quite pleased how it came out! 

for some it might not be sweet enough, which you van adjust the sweetness level to your liking. i have actually toned it down considerably with my sweetness levels, i think because i cut way back on white sugars, i don't need nearly as much for something to come across as sweet for me. this is actually a relief for me because i was full blown addicted to sugar and i had a hard time in the beginning letting go of all my sweets and treats and my body displayed my addiction for all to see,  five sizes bigger and sugar sacks hanging on every area of my body..


i have since lost a lot of that [praise the Lord] and i am working to have a healthier relationship with sugar. i use natural sweeteners, not artificial. i limit my desserts and sugar in my coffee. 

anyways, you didn't ask for a weightloss journey update, so here's the creamer recipe. again, feel free to add sweetener if its not sweet enough. i loved how the spice and pumpkin really shined through and it was a perfect complement to my cinnamon dolce coffee beans! 



you'll need:

2 cups of heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup pure pumpkin-make sure its not pumpkin pie filling, you just want straight up pumpkin
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 few dashes of nutmeg and ginger
4-6 drops of liquid stevia



in a small sauce pan, heat up heavy cream, pumpkin and spices on med-low heat. 

blend with immersion blender till everything is mixed well. 

let cool and chill. 

pour over coffee and enjoy!

No comments: