Friday, March 18, 2011

A Splendid Valentines.



Valentine's has come and gone, but I'm still surrounded by little reminders..Like the beautiful fossill watch my husband picked up for me-I have never expected anything so grand and glamorous in my whole life! I'm also reminded of past valentines when I glance at eloquent heart felt letters my husband has written me taped in all sorts of places throughout the house.

The thing about Nathan is Valentines Day is only an explosion of his already bursting-at-the-seems kind of love that I recieve every day. He is a hopeless romantic and any chance he gets to pursue or dote on me, he takes full advantage. I feel incredibly blessed and well cherished by this sweet heart of mine.

This past Valentine's was no exception. It started on a monday and ended on a friday! I made us dinner-that's the way I love to pursue him, and we just spent a wonderful day together. By wednesday he whisked me off to a fancy dinner which offered us amazing brucshetta, pear sangria, and an exchanging of gifts. He placed that beautiful watch on my wrist and I picked out a signature scent from Banana Republic because I know my Nathan would never purchase something so luxerious for himself.

Later that week, Nathan still was not finished wooing me. He reserved us a night at Bay Point Inn which is just off Gun Lake and it was absolutely perfect. The room greeted us with fresh rose petals strewn everywhere, a huge jacuzzi in the bedroom and my favorite-a white plate covered in chocolate dipped strawberries with chocolate and caramal drizzle. He had also carted us to Barnes N' Nobel on our way out, so we each could pick out something fun to read and relax with.

As much as I enjoyed all this lavishing, more importantly is my husband's unconditional love for me. The way he loves and pursues God, it is spilt onto me and I am so honored and humbled. His love is strong and safe, and I trust him completely to grasp tightly to his wedding vows.

Thank You Father for giving me such an awesome reflection of Your amazing love through the romance and pursual of my husband.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

You are one lucky lady! What a romantic he is!!