Monday, March 21, 2011

A Godly Oasis


Well, this is the last official day of our 21 day commitment to eat like our beloved Daniel-or more simply put, the Daniel Fast..
These last 21 days have been so rich and filled with the presence and power of God, I was desperate for Him to draw near, and He did so.

I have been praying about the direction I am to move forward with. I was scared and uncertain, hesitant of what He was asking me to do. To continue to remove myself and live a life of a small, tiny, baby child of God-wrapped securely in His love, and needing nothing else. To become less so that He may become more. It isn't so easy, but it's not too much for Him to ask.

Nathan and I have grown in unity and love, I am so thankful for how the Lord has used this time to bond us tighter and His Third strand securely binds us. We have both learned, grown in softness of heart, and quietness of the Spirit. Nathan will continue in his exploding photography business (praise You, Jesus) and we will move towards a life of simplicity and contentment. Eventually it will be a goal of ours for him to do less weddings, but still maintain a solid income. The Lord's favor is with us.

As for me, Jesus has just given me an undoubted peace about stepping away from work and embracing a life inside the home. He has whispered to me gently, and I have responded. I feel very safe and satisfied with this new lifestyle. I am eating better, joyful in attitude and spirt more consistently, and filling my time with poractive ways in taking ownership in the home. I take full delight in my son and husband, I don't mind cleaning (for now..) and I can still enjoy my little baby dreams of writing and spending ample amounts of time in the kitchen. I've even taken up (gasp!) working out twice a week at (gasp again!) 6:15 in the morning!

It is all Jesus Christ breathing life into me. I am nothing without Him doing a mighty work in me. Without him, all you get is this lazy, frazzled, unkempt house wife with nothing but pride and selfishness to keep her company. I want to destroy that old girl. I want to live a life of desperation for my Saviour and a baby life pleasing to Him.

Really good stuff. I prayed the other day with my some of my two closest friends, tammy and chelsea and we spent some time in listening prayer. I am so honored that God chose to speak to me through them. They both spoke truth and admonision into my life that only affirms what He has spoken to my heart already.

Lord I ask again and again, may I take joy in delight in the small, unglamorous, yet holy and righteous, so that You may be glorified and declared as the Most High God. I am your servant.

No comments: