Sunday, June 12, 2011

English Resturaunt Style Salsa




This was my first try at putting together a homemade salsa..I love the salsa they serve in resturaunts where it is very smooth, and very little chunks to be found. So I threw a bunch of fun things in a blender and hoped for the best. When Nathan woke up from his nap, I served him some while he was still in bed (I was very eager for him to taste) and to my fortunate surprise, he loved it! He loved the heat-"not too much", and the flavor.."packs a great punch". So I am so delighted to pass on this quick recipe to you..feel free to play around and add your favorites..

You'll need:

1 can of diced tomatoes w/ green chilis
2 fresh Roma tomatoes, cut up in chunks
1 small purple onion, cut up
1 large bunch of cilantro
Salt
1/4 cup water

Throw it all in blender until smooth.
Serve with corn tortilla chips.

No comments: