Thursday, July 28, 2011

Your Roots are Showing.

It's hard for me to watch unfold,
knowing the signs all to well...
I watch as he lingers a little too long
And she fits a little too snug against him

All the while his lovely wife waits patiently to be cherished.

Please do not misunderstand my eyes as hawks of judgment,
It's just that the alarm bells are clanging in my head
and I might have once walked shamefully down
that same road

I nervously swallowed in disbelief
as he leaned in to kiss,
what I thought would be his bride,
The mother of his 3 thriving children,
But instead it's her, as he leaves for work.

Are we all supposed to carry on like nothing is happening?
Something clearly is.

I'm sure she's not crawling in his bed
Or he's sneaking around to be with her,
But I wonder how the hearts are managing.

The spirit and heart are quite lively and active,
The body needn't always follow,
Although it might possibly be very likely.

I just want to urge her,
Where is your mind and soul,
Is it wrapped up in him?
Does your heart possibly belong
To a married man?

You mustn't think it's ok.

And him.
Someone ought to wring his neck.
He has already been given a beautiful thing.
A beautiful wife.
Beautiful children.
Beautiful second chances.
Must you really use another?

Cut weeds out by the roots.
A trim will not suffice.

May the Almighty God examine your motives
and the deepest parts of you
and may He not be displeased at what He finds.

He had to cut my roots.
They had grown thick,
And it hurt to have them uprooted.

I was once the married man,
Peeking at another garden that did not belong to me
Wondering what dwelt there.

In the meantime, there were plenty of roses
To be had in my own yard.

1 comment:

Lindsy said...

Beautiful Jana! So real.