Friday, August 12, 2011

Baked Brie w/ Multiberry Jam, rosemary, and toasted almonds




This is something I usually make around the holidays, because it is rich in flavor and seems very festive and worth sharing, but I wanted to make it sooner. I LOVE when brie melts, taking on a creamy salty form and practically spills out of the pastry. Combined with the sweet multi berry jam, and toasted almonds, you get a very robust, full flavored appetizer.

I usually pair it with crackers and let everyone go to town.

you'll need:

1 large package of croissant rolls (I know, I know, I might as well call myself Mrs. Pillsbury)
1 med size wheel of Brie (8 oz)
1/4 cup toasted almonds (just toast them in small sauce pan with a little butter until fragrant)
3 tablespoons of mixed berry jam (you can choose whichever you like)
1 tablespoon of rosemary (I crushed into smaller shards)
egg yolk for shining it up

On a large baking sheet, lay out crescent rolls. Pinch edges to seal. Place brie in center. Spoon jam on top, along with rosemary, and toasted almonds. If you'd like, I added some dried cranberries as well.
Take edges of dough and fold over cheese, until it is completely sealed.
Take brush, dip in egg yolk and brush the entire pastry.

Pop in oven at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.

No comments: