Friday, September 23, 2011

It's Time to Stop and Give Thanks

Just stopping dead in my tracks to thank Jesus for the small, yet wonderful blessings I have noticed in my life. A spirit of thankfulness is what I strive for, and acknowledging what He has done is a good reminder to be in a constant attitude of gratitude.

Lord I thank you:

-for healing my painful, miserable boil in an unsightly place, and restoring me to new.

-for clearing up my nasal and chest passage ways, where pure oxygen can once again, flow freely. You
are the BREATH of LIFE

-for reawakening my heart for other women and their hearts, to minister and be ministered to, for allowing new paths to cross with other sweet, passionate women, and breaking down walls of insecurity and intimidation.

-for looking into the eyes of two women, Amanda Shelner and Barb Visser, and seeing the unexpected. My idea of what I thought they would be like was completely demolished, when i witnessed You dwelling in them, their exceptional beauty reflecting You, and no pretentious bone in their body. So refreshing to see TRUE beauty, both inside and out. So impressed with them, Jesus. so honored to be getting to know them better.

-for my Crossroads family. How You move mightily there, Jesus. In the hearts of Your children. To witness you being glorified in every way, to hear Your Name be lifted up in both song and word, and to see lives transformed day in and day out, all PRAISE TO YOU FATHER, GOD!

-for NOT being a single mom. I think this every time my husband immediately jumps up to trample up the stairs to get our son when he cries in the middle of the night, or lightens the load for me while carrying this unborn child in putting Ben to bed, getting him meals, and helping me clear the dishes. I am thankful for his willingness to provide in such a huge way, and to talk with me into the night, even though he has such packed days ahead of him.

-for speaking tenderly to me in the desert and leading me to LIVING WATER

1 comment:

Tammy Joy said...

Aw, yeah. You have some real treasures around you Jans.
Thanks for sharing what He's doing, always at work, always a joy.