Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lemonie Lemonies



Stephanie made these for our road trip to Nashville. She brought all these delicious homemade goodies and these lemon treats were my favorite. I held her at gun point and demanded the recipe. Ok, I didn't really do that, but she shared, and I recreated.

I made them when I had a couple girlfriends over (Emily and Kate) and it seemed fitting for a super sun shiny day. Paired with a loose leaf fruity tea, it seemed just the ticket. They are rich, yet light, lemony, but not too overpowering.
The glaze is the literal icing on the cake.

You'll need:
3/4 C flour
3/4 C sugar
1/4 t salt
1 stick butter, soft
2 eggs
juice from 1/2 lemon (about 1T)
zest from 1/2 lemon (about 1t)

Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.

Mix in the softened butter.

In another bowl whisk the eggs with the lemon juice and zest.

Add to the larger bowl and mix well.

Pour into prepared 8X8 brownie pan. (or whatever square dish you have. I think mine is actually 9x9)

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

For Glaze:
1/2C powdered sugar
1 T lemon juice
additional lemon zest
Whisk in a small bowl. Drizzle on top of cooled bars.

2 comments:

Tammy Joy said...

how do you make these jana??

J.K. English said...

Here is the recipe, girl!