Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Gifts sixty-one through seventy.

61. Still sick. All four of us. Yet, we are scragglin' along. Hugs are plenty, bodies are warm and looking to snuggle and we are held up by His faithfulness.

 62. I got the kitchen clean! The deep kind! It took me considerably longer because 1, I didn't want to 2, I was blowing my nose seemingly every 4 minutes and or wiping a little ones nose, and 3, it's San uphill climb being feeble and carrying 2 needies on each leg. But by God's grace and strength, I finished it at 9:30 in the evening, and boy, does it lift my spirit. 

63. Thankful for vinegar and baking soda. Do you know how many things I use these treasures for?? Beauty, skin care, hair care, cleaning (just about on everything) cleaning teeth, unclogging drains, restoring white to my kitchen sink..the list goes on and I am so thankful for these humble, yet powerful products. 

64. Thankful for nathan's days off. He is sick as a dog, yet he wants to help me tackle the house cleaning tomorrow. I am a little overwhelmed as we are leaving in 6 days. I want to have the house in complete order, and I am so thankful for a servant leader husband who rolls his sleeves up with me. I don't take this for granted. 

65. Thankful when Norah naps. She goes down well for the most part, and I appreciate the rest. I have a window to have my devotions, or write/blog, or more often than not, get a nap in myself. I know she won't always, so I am thankful we are still in that season. 

66. My tea kettle. Been using it a lot with my throat screaming, love the soothing hot water/tea/hot chocolate running down the back of my tongue and blanketing my throat. All from the aid of my worn out tea kettle. 

67. The Lord has been so near to me, I am thankful for unwavering strength. I cling to Him and understand how minuscule I am without Him. In His presence I find incredible joy.

 68. Anticipation. I love that part of the fun of a vacation is looking forward to it. Getting excited and anticipating the hot sun, the palm trees, the laughter shared, and In and Out burgers. Oh yum, I can almost taste it! 

69. The gift of travel. I love airports, being in an airplane, handing over tickets, dropping off luggage, and even sitting by the windows, waiting for our flight to be called. I love people watching, digging for snacks in my carryon, and being "stuck" in an airplane with the only choices but to sleep or read. That itch for travel runs deep in my bones, and I understand it is a gift. every time. 

 70. Canned goods. They come in so handy when we're low on groceries and don't plan on getting groceries anytime soon. With my cans I made creamy corn and potato chowder and the leftovers will sustain us. Gift!

No comments: