Thursday, June 19, 2014

7 years.

it's dishes done and little butts wiped
and little teeth brushed 
and lower back 
rubs

is how he loves me.

it is a freshly made bed and wild flowers
plucked from the side of the house
and loads of laundry done

is how he loves me.

it is soft answers, gentle tones
and softly prying 
at the doors to 
my tired heart

this is how he loves me

it is thoughtful prayers on my behalf, 
unselfish actions, 
some requiring sacrifice, 
it is purposeful
time away from the glowing screen

is how he loves me.

it's surprise spontaneity in the middle of the day,
long van rides to the water's edge, 
and a generous 
splurge for a new dress, 
not mentioning a word about
the strict budget

this is how he loves me

it is 7 faithful years, 
loving me unconditionally 
and fully, 
as I have grown and transformed 
from a ruckus to quietly humbled, 
from teenage loud mouth,
to full time wife and mom.

he has loved me. 
with a Christ love. 
with a joy unwavering.
with a commitment 
unshaken.

he has loved me on purpose.
and I am so so so grateful.

Nathan, happy seven years.
i love you. 

No comments: