Monday, December 1, 2014

abigail.

her black locks,
strong and rich with shine
frames her golden skin,
black rimmed glasses
camped on the edge of her nose.
she is with child
bump below her heart 
beginning to reveal itself
and her heart has come alive
at the extra heart beat 
dancing below her own.
she is a wife of a soldier
wife of a steadfast, 
strength filled man,
yet his arms are the gentlest 
she's known.
her head clamors with the sound
of questions, 
doubts, 
even insecurities at times
she questions her worth, 
her ability as a new wife and mom.
is she capable,
can.  she.  do.  this?
and the answer is 
can any of us really do anything 
without the breath of 
the Living God 
dwelling in us?
my dear sweet one, 
you with the beautiful handwriting,
you, the incredible gift giver,
may I remind me that you are SO capable.
you are His daughter and He will
[continue to] 
equip you to be a worthy wife,
a wonderful mother.
I encourage you to press into Him,
to seek His face,
and to fight for a spot at His feet.
you are full of gentleness and kindness,
you are thoughtful and aware.
these are qualities 
you already easily posses
that take some moms  
a little longer
to learn.
you, with the smudged eyeliner,
eyes always soft 
with lingering tears,
you are so loved and adored by many,
your one true love,
even little me.
so thankful for you
and cannot wait to see you step
confidently 
into the role of mama.

love you.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Your writing always inspires me. I want to be like you, Jana! Do you know that? Because I do. Thank you for leaving your heart in these posts. They encourage mine.

J.K. English said...

Leslie, you bless me more than i could ever say with your kind words. For you to say this to me-i am humbled and honored. I absolutely feel the same towards you, the way you wife and mother and love well teaches me even from afar. blessings to you dear sister!