Monday, September 19, 2016

move over david, i want a turn to lament;)

do i dare say 
thank you 
O Lord my God,
my Rock and Redeemer 
for the suffering?
can i praise You in the 
darkness?
Am i still able to say 
You are good 
when my flesh fails me 
and my beauty 
fades?
are You good, God?
Are you still 
my Father?
do you hold me in 
Your outstretched hands?
will Your rod catch me 
o Great Shepherd 
as i fall to the depths?
who am i 
oh Lord 
to question your 
deeds. 
i am but Your servant.
therefore i will hold fast,
O Lord.
i will hide my face in You,
i will pour my tears and sorrow
my anger and 
my sadness 
at Your feet.
i am not my own.
Hear me O God.
listen to me, 
your smallest sheep.
embrace me.
scoop me up
and whisper to me 
Your unfailing Love. 
test me dear God,
and build in me 
a steadfast heart. 
weave into my being
a character of 
unwavering faithfulness.
pull off the layers of 
pride and self pity. 
make me shine like the 
noon day sun 
and forget not 
me your lowliest one
with my face to the ground.
i will place my hope 
in You. 
i will place my eyes 
in the hands of 
You, 
the Great Physician. 
fix my eye, 
yes, 
but more importantly, 
fix my heart 
to be 
like Christ. 

2 comments:

Leslie said...

You beautiful writer, you. I really felt like I was reading a psalm. I am so sorry for your suffering dear Jana. Your eye plus the return from beloved England has to be such a blow right now. Praying for you my dear. You will make it through this.

J.K. English said...

Thank you so much for your kind words Leslie. thank you for encouraging me to hold on. your words mean much. Love
You!!
l