Wednesday, March 8, 2017

olive turns 3. 3.1.2017

[this is a few days late, but i don't want to forget your tini-ness, the way you are, now that you've turned three. my sweet olive anandi, how i adore you and want to smoosh myself against your cheekies. you make me want to talk like a child, full of delight and wonder,  how vibrant you are. you are all sorts of shades of spring. that deep reddish pink, streaked against a blue sky, you are alive and cheerful and always remind me of new life. you are the green stem of a brand new tulip, you are growing at a rapid pace, absorbing, learning, mimicking. there are soft pastels of you too, shy lavender, you won't always talk to friendly strangers, but you'll at least offer eye contact. maybe even a hidden smile. you are the brightest red, laughter. you giggle and throw your body all over the place, you love the feel of your dad's back, or the spot nestled closest to me. oh how i love you. happy birthday my baby bird. you are three. you said goodbye to your nigh-night, it was hard and it still is, but you tell me with trembling lips and determined eyes, "mama i am very brave. i am a big girl." yes, yes you are my little love.] 








1 comment:

chelsmichalwrites said...

😭😭 can't even imagine