Thursday, April 6, 2017

acts of service.

my sister 
is an acts of service girl. 
not that she is looking to be given that 
herself, 
she is selfless and loves 
to serve. 
so much that she serves me
rich hot coffee,
freshly made 
chocolate chip banana bread
[straight out of the oven]
and feeds all three of my 
little mouths 
that i brought along.. 
grilled cheese, 
sweet golden cantaloupe 
and crisp carrots and cucumbers.
she serves me by 
asking questions,
listening to listen 
and not to respond. 
she serves by gently prodding 
walking alongside my 
heart wounds
and helping me mend them.
she served me by taking my two olders, 
just sending me off with the littlest
so she could nap 
and i could sit here and write
in the quiet.
all i can do is go back 
and reflect 
on what a servant heart she has 
and take from that 
an example 
of what i want to be 
too. 

[if you want to be great 
in God's kingdom, 
learn to be a servant 
of all..]  

No comments: