Wednesday, August 24, 2022

db

she doesn't really like coffee
but she loves pop and could 
down a mountain dew without 
blinking.
she swears sometimes too. 
and not like i'm totally down with profanity, 
but something about it reveals the realness and rawness of a person. 
to me, i see an "i am approachable" sign. 
i think we'll get along just fine. 
she is the perfect blend of 
compassion and grit. 
she listens with her whole body, 
leaning in, her icy blue eyes not missing 
a thing. 
she affirms, 
empathizes, 
asks questions and waits quietly for 
the answer.
and if i don't know, 
she helps me find it. 
she loves Lake Michigan, 
it is her happy place-
she promised to share a secret entrance to 
the water.
she encourages me to write, write, write, 
let it all drip down from my brain, my body, heart, 
and leak out my fingers. 
it should help.
it already has. 
she has. 
everyone needs a deb.

No comments: