Thursday, April 7, 2011

Goin' Green Smoothie


I know there's a million different variations for smoothies out there, but this recipe is my go-to each morning to make sure I get a healthy boost and more than likely I have all the ingredients in my fridge. Feel free to play around with it, or throw in your own add ins, but otherwise, feel good knowing your slurping on a healthy energy booster drink! And it's delicious!

This batch serves enough for myself, my husband and son to all have a cup.

In a blender:

2 cups fresh spinach-awesome CALCIUM source
1/4 cup plain yogurt-build up those PROBIOTICS
4-5 frozen strawberries-just as nutrient as fresh
1 tablespoon flax seed meal-for a better DIGESTIVE system
1/2 cup 100% juice-VITAMIN C, anyone?

blend until smooth. Pour in 3 small glasses. Enjoy

5 comments:

Meghan said...

What kind of juice do you use? Orange?

J.K. English said...

for sure you can use OJ, but I used Juicy Juice in Kiwi Strawberrie, also instead of the strawberries, I throw in frozen berries, such as blackberries, blueberries, and rasberries-YUM!

Vic said...

How does this taste? Does the spinach make it tart?

Lindsy said...

I love smoothies!!! Lots of good ideas for green smoothies on this website. :-) www.incrediblesmoothies.com

Hannah Banana said...

I can't wait to try this recipe! you don't know me but i thoroughly enjoy reading your blog...its very encouraging to see women like you striving to be more like Christ! Thank you for being a wonderful example!