Thursday, March 22, 2012

Trickster Doughnuts



Yeah, that's right, I've got a deep fryer and I know how yo use it. With LOVE.
Here is a EASY trick to creating fluffy buttery cinnamon sugar doughnut. I kid you not. I discovered this secret from a supermom/friend, who I had to pretty much pry it from her. Once I found out and tried my own hand at this whole doughnut making, I became a supermom as well. Enjoy

You'll need:
1 can of refrigerated biscuits. ( jumbo size.)
Melted butter/brush
Bowl of cinnamon sugar ( I love a light brown color, 1-2 tsp of cinnamon to 1/2 cup granulated sugar
Oil for deep frying

Heat oil in fryer or large pan that's deep.
Remove biscuits from can. Cut a hole out of each one (I used a shot glass, or a jigger would also do well) so you have your doughnuts (naked) and holes..
With tongs, gently place in oil and brown each side (2-3 minutes each side)
Repeat with rest of dough.
Once cooled, brush each side with butter, than bathe and dip in cinnamon sugar. On a paper towel it goes. Repeat ,
Devour with ice cold milk and don't tell anyone how easy these were to make.

No comments: